Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dots, strips and a tag

Hello all!

How are you friends? I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Today I want to share a box I made recently. I kept the theme of ICR's new challenge in my mind while making it. So here it is with the details. Its a Trinket box with a window and a lock.


Here is the top view.

I bought few readymade paper roses and fused bead strings and coincidentally they were matching so I choose the color Lavender and its shades. The frame was lying with me for a long time, so thought making a window for the box. I weaved the quilling strips to make the mesh. 



I bought these flowers at a local handicraft exhibition. Decorated them with some fused beads string.
The front view.


 The front has a lock. I used a small square piece of Velcro and glued a paper flower on one side to hide the Velcro  I used very small piece of it so that it opens with a little pull without tearing anything :D


and here is the cute small tag to write names of the giver and receiver.


Apart from ICRC12, I want to participate in following challenges too.

Crafty ribbons challenge - Anything but a card
Fussy and fancy challenge - Make a gift/Anything but a card
Squiggle stamps - Anything but a card

That's it folks. Please leave a comment if you liked it or any other suggestion and feedback. 
Thanks for looking!


Love,
Priya...

27 comments:

Hobby Crafts said...

its awesome...no words to define the beauty :) mera bday aa raha hai ;)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow Priya such a stunning creation-- your color choice amazing and the weaved strips fantastic-- I love it so much!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Crafterkhush said...

Absolutely stunning... Love the color combo.... Great work Priya... Another top 3 i think...!!

Crafting Aberrigines said...

how very fantastic ...
totally love the box ..
mera budday nikal gaya .. u can send me belated gift
:D
love the colours..
the way you have embellished the box
the heart ...everything :)

Hazel said...

A lovely project, beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Mallika said...

absolutely amazing !

kavitha said...

Lovely color combo,n the flowers are beautiful.gr8 work priya!!

Crafty Loops said...

Priya this is stunning, I love the colour. Lee x

Neha Jain said...

yar priya...its so so so lovely...u knw its my fav. color...i m loving this box...awesome

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely ! And elegant with such brilliant colours , I so admire your work and creativity.

Swathi said...

Priya !! I just do not have enough words to say how much I liked it !!! Amazing work !!! wish u good luck !!

The beads and the flowers coordinate so well !!

Piyu said...

Very pretty! Awesome colour combo! you did it..once again :)

Hussena said...

like i said yesterday priya this box of your"s is just gorgeous i love your concept and the way you have created the mesh and your color combo is just spot on...all the details are remarkable...great going priya and best of luck with all the challenges...this one is a winner for sure:)

Piali said...

Gorgeous Creation, Priya!!
So beautifully done....love it!

Merlyn said...

OMG!! This is Awesome .. I love it sooooooooo much.. The colour makes the box look gorgeous.. The flowers and beads add more beauty to the box.. Wonderful careation

Priyanka Bokdia said...

its jus awsome.. loved it totally..! loved the box and the colors look gorgeous..

and jus fallen for the blooms.. beautiful box

Gea said...

lovely! totally cute. love all the details!
hugs gea

Heidi said...

Beautiful creation. love the way you have used the quilling paper to weave the top window. thanks for joining us at squiggle stamps. hugs heidi x

Unknown said...

This is awesome.fabulous project.Loved all the elements.

pinky said...

I love your gorgeous projects! Thanks for joining us at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
Pinky

Jovi said...

wowie....

Tee said...

STUNNING! that is probably the one adjective that sums it up!!! I could give you a thousand more adjectives too!! Super super color choice girl..and this time around...please please apply for the ICR DT call...

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! Priya, this my dear blog buddy is so amazing. I love the gorgeous colours and details. Love it!

Donna x

Indira Tanwar said...

Its so pretty Priya!! Loved the color combo. The weaving is so neat. I have been wanting to so a similar thing on a card.

Loved the velcro idea too.

cebelica said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing. Fab work! Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

Made by Mandy said...

What a fabulous gift box :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Priya Sivaraj said...

Priya! this is another stunner! sure! but u need to link to the challenge from here to be eligible for voting! thanks for playing along my use ur scraps challenge!All the best!